About Education for Nature – Vietnam
Education for Nature – Vietnam (ENV) was established in 2000 as Vietnam’s first non-governmental organization focused on the conservation of nature and protection of the environment. Our mission is to foster greater understanding amongst the Vietnamese public about the need to protect nature and wildlife. We employ creative and innovative strategies to influence public attitudes and mobilize Vietnamese citizens to live in balance with the natural world. We work closely with government partners to strengthen policy and legislation and directly support enforcement efforts in the protection of endangered species of national, regional and global significance.
For more details about what we do, please visit:
Education for Nature – Vietnam (ENV) is currently hiring for the position of Public Outreach Program Coordinator.
Public Outreach Program Coordinator
The Public Outreach Program Coordinator will oversee a wide range of public outreach activities conducted nationwide, including working with volunteers, holding awareness-raising events, and coordinating initiatives to combat wildlife crime. The successful candidate will be visibly passionate and motivated to work to save wildlife in Vietnam, and will be able to communicate and pass on this passion to the public, whilst also being highly professional and organized, as befits this position.
- Manage and coordinate all activities under ENV’s public outreach program, such as public exhibits, presentations and training sessions, including regular and extensive travel to the field.
- Oversee the successful engagement and expansion of ENV’s volunteer network.
- Work with a wide variety of professional bodies to ensure successful partnerships.
- Produce management and donor reports in English.
- Work closely with all departments at ENV to ensure ENV meets its goals and objectives.
Skills and Requirements:
- Vietnamese citizen with University degree
- Language skills: excellent verbal written English, and strong written Vietnamese.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Excellent management and teamwork skills, including time management and planning
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and pay attention to details.
- Personable and friendly but also highly professional and confident.
- Results-oriented with a strong ability to “think outside of the box”.
- Ability to think critically and develop new ideas.
- Confident with IT skills: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, internet, etc.
- Willing to travel regularly within Vietnam
- A passion for wildlife protection and conservation.
Benefits and Terms
• Mixed English-speaking work environment
• Challenging job in a dynamic and supportive team
• Full benefits and long term contract provided
• Hanoi-based position but involving often monthly travel to other provinces
• Salary based on performance and experience
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates must complete ENV’s standard application form, which can be found here: http://envietnam.org/library/Others/ENV_application_form_Feb_22_2012.doc
An up-to-date CV and cover letter may also be included in the application, but are not compulsory.
Interested candidates are invited to apply for the vacancy not later than Jul 31, 2014 by email or correspondence.
Please send your applications to: Minhtran.firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information, please contact:
Education for Nature – Vietnam (ENV)
Room 1701, Building 17T5, Hoang Dao Thuy street, Cau Giay district, Hanoi
Tel: 04 6281 5424
* Applications will be treated on “First come, first serve” basis.
* Only short-listed candidates will be notified for written test interview