Education for Nature-Vietnam (ENV) was established in 2000 as Vietnam’s first non-governmental organization focused on conservation of nature and the environment through education. Their mission is to foster greater understanding amongst the Vietnamese public about environmental issues of local, national and global significance, ranging from protection of wildlife and natural ecosystems to climate change.
ENV’s Wildlife Crime Unit (WCU) was established in 2005 to facilitate and motivate public involvement in efforts to combat wildlife trade, and to improve the effectiveness of front line law enforcement agencies. The WCU administers a public toll-free national hotline 1800-1522 for reporting wildlife crimes. Information reported through the hotline is passed on to the appropriate authorities. ENV then works closely with law enforcement agencies, tracking each case through to conclusion, and documenting the results on ENV’s Wildlife Crime Database. The WCU strives to achieve a successful outcome for each case, helping coordinate placement of animals, providing advice to the authorities, and encouraging bold action that would serve to deter future crime.
For more details about what they do, visit their website:
English language: www.envietnam.org
Vietnamese language: www.thiennhien.org
Education for Nature – Vietnam (ENV) is currently looking for the position of Wildlife Crime Case Officer (01 open position in Ha Noi)
- Monitor and track wildlife crime cases
- Answer the ENV Wildlife Crime Hotline telephone
- Participate in wildlife trade surveys, campaigns, and other activities
- Complete English and Vietnamese language reports summarizing case results
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all case developments
- Ensure ongoing communication with WCU Manager for case updates, report new developments, redefine objectives and response methods.
- Provide weekly updates to the database on the status of all followed cases
- Other duties as needed or required
- University degree required
- Solid Vietnamese writing skills
- Fluent verbal and written English
- Excellent communications skills and an ability to communicate and work with government partners
- Computer literacy: Word, Excel, Internet
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and pay close attention to details
Terms and Benefits:
Long-term contract will be provided following evaluation period
- Opportunity to learn new skills and knowledge
- Mixed English-speaking environment
- Opportunity to work closely with international and national experts
- Friendly and creative working environment, competitive benefits
- Salary based on experience and performance
Interested candidates are invited to send their application and cover letter to the following address before July 15, 2011 by email or by correspondence.
Ms. Nguyen Thi Thanh Thuy
Education for Nature – Vietnam (ENV)
No. 5 Lane 192, Thai Thinh street, Hanoi
Phone: (04) 3514-8850
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Please note “Application for the Position of Case Officer” in the subject.
Priority will be given to candidates applying soon
Article source: http://www.ngocentre.org.vn/jobs/wildlife-crime-officer-0