Education for Nature-Vietnam (ENV) was established in 2000 as Vietnam’s first non-governmental organization focused on conservation of nature and the environment. Their mission is to foster greater
understanding amongst the Vietnamese public about environmental issues of local, national and global significance, ranging from protection of wildlife and natural ecosystems to climate change. They employ creative and innovative strategies to influence attitudes and behavior, not only highlighting the need to protect Vietnam’s rich natural heritage and the living world around us, but also encouraging greater public participation in achieving this important and challenging task.
For more details about what they do, visit their website:
English language: www.envietnam.org
Vietnamese language: www.thiennhien.org
ENV is looking for a Communications Officer who is a charismatic professional to work closely with their national and international senior officers to strengthen our program. An ability to think creatively and develop new ideas and initiatives, and excellent communication and presentation skills are a must. She/he promotes the strengthening and growth of ENV through enhancing the organization’s public image and profile and coordinating public awareness activities. The Communications Officer is also involved in helping to grow ENV’s corporate partnerships and memberships program and nurturing existing corporate relationships.
Main duty station: Hanoi
- Produce and distribute the weekly bulletin
- Manage conservation and environment in the news
- Generate press releases on major events and outputs
- Develop and maintain ENV websites
- Manage translation system for news articles
- Coordination of membership events or promotions.
- Media Liaison
- Attend meetings with and liaise with potential and current corporate partners as required.
- Supervision of the duties of the membership assistant and communications assistant
- Assist with other major ENV activities as required
- College degree; Prefer environment, journalism and communication-related degree
- English language: Strong verbal and written English language skills required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, confident and outgoing, ability to work closely with others.
- Experience working in media or as a communications professional
- Some knowledge of environment and conservation issues or an interest in learning about.
- Computer literate (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Familiarity with website management (Dreamweaver) and some website programs like Facebook, graphic software or a capacity to quickly learn.
- Experience in staff management or ability to lead and show initiative.
Interested candidates are invited to send their application and cover letter to the following address before February 17, 2012 by email or by correspondence:
Nhan Thi Hien
Education for Nature – Vietnam (ENV)
No 5, Lane 192, Thai Thinh street, Dong Da district, Hanoi, Vietnam.
Phone: 04 35148850
* Your applications will be treated on “First come, first serve” basic.
* Only short-listed candidates will be notified